Monday, May 24, 2010

Infidelity & worry - How Jimmy Carter are alike (Part II)


We are human and we are unfaithful at various moments of our day. Worry is a flag that can reveal what counts most in our lives! Examining what I worry most about (and most often) can help me see where I'm most "unfaithful." Haven't read my opening blog on this subject? (Link)

The next couple days (I'm wondering, did you do the little evaluation I shared with you in my first "Infidel" blog?)

I would like to explore some things our previous President Carter and I have in common:

1. We both like peanuts (I love Peanut M&M's)
2. We both love to serve (it can even be the source of our infidelity - I got a big blog about that saved for later)
3. We both have relatives that have "obvious addictions" and some who have "culturally nice addictions"

AND

4. We both have been unfaithful to our wives without ever touching anyone (you'll have to wait for tomorrow's blog to find out more on this one - no rumors please :).

Today's "looking beyond the black smoke" question:

Q: What was Jesus really trying to show me in Matthew 5:21-26? Will it transform the way I give and receive love? What key "attitude" would I like to "work out" today (like going to the gym & pumping iron)?

Q: Was Jimmy Carter thinking of this passage, Matthew 5:27-28, when he shocked the world with his Playboy interview in 1976?

Want to check out my random Monday thoughts? (Link to Bruce's personal blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment