Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hawaii and May 23 - Reflections on things that make a BIG difference

So here I am in Kona Hawaii with two guys and I'm thinking, "Why did I just about kill myself to get a bunch of work done, people met with, and hours of sleep lost; just to get to Hawaii?" It's not because this is such a cool place to come and hang out (it really is). It's not because I got to fly for free (that IS a really good reason to visit). No, it's partly because Laura and some others who are close to me felt I really needed the break! And, the biggest reason I'm hanging out here is that I get to invest into the lives of two friends who have poured their lives into the mission of Living Hope church. By taking the chance to hang out with them away from the "normal rat-race" I really expect that we will come back even more recharged to see more lost people find a forever-friendship with God!


Here's one of my favorite verses in the book of Wisdom, Proverbs 11:24-25 "The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller. 25 The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed."


When the three of us guys return to Vancouver, our hearts and time will be focused on a really big, cool event taking place at our Living Hope East Vancouver Campus - the "Chicken and Biscuits potluck." Please pray about coming to this dinner (you bring a salad and/or dessert) and we'll provide the rest. Even more, we'll be sharing some very exciting ways you can try out (a simple free trial) various service opportunities opening up at our campus. We'll share with you our next phase of remodeling and how it will touch the lives of so many. This is an opportunity for you to take that next step in serving. You will grow more friendships and your spiritual side will take off like never before.


Please don't hesitate to email me for more details on this special day - Bruce.lhceast@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment