Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Only Three days Left (Romance tips # 2)

If you really want to follow my week of romancing my sweetheart take a jog to my personal web site (Tips for gals want to figure out how to romance their “man.”)

Today’s and Yesterdays devotional by my old British chap, and friend-bud, is fantastic. I think of all the things lost, forgotten, and pushed down – O.C. has again shown what a revolutionary rebel he was for Jesus in these devotions (written about 180+ years ago).

“Is your imagination stayed on God or is it starved? The starvation of the imagination is one of the most fruitful sources of exhaustion and sapping in a worker's life. If you have never used your imagination to put yourself before God, begin to do it now.”

Oswald believed that an “imagination is the greatest gift God has given us and it ought to be devoted entirely to Him.”

Romance has a lot to do with the imagination.  Do you imagine bringing a deep joy to someone’s life today?  Today I got to pour into a young pastor’s life and I imagined seeing his spirits rise all week long.  Tomorrow Laura and I get to help a struggling young man who so needs a bit of financial help.  The best part is we spent time sharing our “imagined” blessing and how it will cheer him on to serve with such passion (What surprise when one of our sons came home tonight – guess who he ran into?  Yep, our friend we get to bless.  And this friend told our son he plans to start serving while in the middle of these very hard times!

Dream, imagine, how God will use you to bring a smile to someone else’s life tomorrow?

Tip for what I did for Laura today posted on my personal blog- Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment