Sunday, March 21, 2010

Real Forgiveness leads towards . . .


Forgiveness helps us RELAX our grip . . . with OPEN hands we are free to walk towards a REUNION to FRIENDSHIP!

Jesus made us to be his "forever friend." Learning to trust, believe, what he says about us is difficult! Practice moving (in your mind) close to Jesus!

Start with: The prayer, "I am forgiven."
Remind yourself: "I won't hid."
Affirm: "I am accepted!"
The truth: "I am Yours."
Finish with: The 3-word prayer, "I am Free!"
God's Truth: "If the Son make you free, you are really free!" John 8:36 (see verse 32 too). Now be real about the fact that all of us are Crack-pots (fragile clay jars) - See Paul's words in 2 Cor. 4:7. Our emotions will sometimes tell us we don't understand forgiveness. We will still struggle with REGRETS! We are human! Keep stepping into God's forgiveness. It will lead us to trust Jesus when he says, "I'll never leave you!"

Jesus' friend, John, wrote these words when he was an old man about to die: "Even if we feel guilty (our hearts condemn us), God is greater than our feelings. And He knows everything."
I John 3:20. Take the "trust" step (faith) of saying, "I will believe what you say about me Jesus!"

Psalm 32 is a powerful reminder of how forgiveness works - Read it now (Link).

Keep checking back for more! Again here's the link to Bruce's personal blog (what to go snowshoeing this Sat? - LINK).

And - Snowshoeing this next Sat. (March 27 - LINK)

No comments:

Post a Comment